If you are like us you are starting to run out of counter space due to all the produce your garden it producing, and if you don't have a garden I am sure your friends and coworkers are forcing their produce on you.
I'd like to share one of the things we do with our summer crop. We make a ton of this soup it's light and fresh for summer eating and it freezes well in gallon freezer bags for the winter.
Take this tip, I promise you'll be happy come January.
- 2 Quarts Vegetable or Chicken Stock (we like Better than Bouillon Organic)
- 1 Medium Zucchini (about 8 oz) chopped about 1/4"
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped fine about 1/8"
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley minced
- 6 medium Red Potatoes chopped about 1/4"
- Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic
Bring the stock to a low simmer, then add the the chopped ingredients simmer until the potatoes are tender to the fork.
Add the parsley and season to taste with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
Serve with a dollop of pesto, about a tablespoon, the pesto is critical it will make to soup explode with the freshness of summer.