Whole Grilled Chicken with Herb Rub March 15, 2013 12:04 2 Comments
One of best ways to ensure you know what you are eating is to eat at home. With the kiddos and your extracurricular activities I know eating a home cooked meal is easier said than done. What you need is a plan. I thought I would share a page out of our Home Cooked Meal Play Book. One of our go to plans includes a whole chicken cooked over the grill on the weekend. A chicken can provide life saving left overs for week night meals. The chicken can be added to a stir fry, BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches, pastas, quesadilla, tacos, nachos, salads, anything. Here is one of our recipes we use to cook chickens on the grill. Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp spanish paprika
- 2 tbsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- Prepare a grill for "indirect grilling". Optional: soak your favorite type of wood chips for smoking, for chicken I like apple.
- Mix all the spices/herbs together until well blended.
- Lossen skin of chicken and rub under and over the skin.
- Place chicken on the grill over "indirect heat."
- Baste chicken with olive oil every twenty minutes or so.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 160F.
What is your go to menu item that saves your weeknights?